ABOUT OPERATION MOBILIZE
Operation Mobilize is committed to the process of identifying issues of critical importance to people of color, and implementing real-world solutions to those issues. Our group will primarily activate in the POLITICAL and ECONOMIC arenas.
We aim to end police brutality by:
- Revising the current laws and/or initiating new legislation aimed at ensuring accountability for police misconduct.
- Using the legislative process to ensure clarity on vague language that informs police procedures, including "use of force," "excessive force," "brutality,” etc.
- Improving the relationship between police officers and the communities they patrol by encouraging civic engagement and ending police quotas and for-profit prison systems.
- Engaging legislators whose causes are aligned with ours and holding those who are not working to protect our rights accountable for their actions.
We aim to harness black buying power and foster financial literacy by:
- Collectively investing in black banks who support our communities and qualifying that support in specific, tangible enrichments, entitlements and benefits rooted in group participation.
- Channeling our collective economic influence (and the leverage it can provide) toward the facilitation of our stated political goals.
- Establishing "best practices" for what "supporting the black community" looks like in terms of local economies and highlighting how those practices can be implemented through our every day actions.
- Helping to facilitate a national database for black owned businesses and service providers.